Thursday, December 29, 2005

Reading Readiness

Part of the fun of having an elementary education degree is that I get to watch and analyze Emmy as she learns and grows. It's fascinating to watch her go through certain pre-reading stages. Today she was retelling a story that she just heard for the first time yesterday. She would look at the clues in the pictures on a page and tell what she remembered from that page. It was great! She got all the main points and some of the special wording and phrasing. It's so neat to see her do these things.

I had fun at Half Price Books with my Christmas gift card. I like to go to the paperback picture book section because often they are only 2 or 3 dollars (opposed to $15 if it was a new hardback) and sometimes you can find actual good literature in amongst the Star Wars storybooks. I found 4 or 5 really good ones. The only problem was then they were closing and I didn't get my adult fiction. But there's still $$ on my gift card for later!

No comments: