Sunday, January 21, 2007

Weight (Again)

I know I've been beating this topic to death recently. But I wanted to show you the awful picture that put me over the edge with my weight.

I am not photogenic. I never have been. But when I saw this I knew something had to change. This was taken November 4, right after the biggest Halloween pig-out ever. I was pushing 200 and feeling awful all the time. Tired, filled with heartburn, headaches, I had no energy. For reals.

I talked to my friend, once again complaining about my health. For the 50th time she gently said "have you tried changing your diet?"

I have never dieted. I ate what I wanted to, when I wanted to, and always had a good excuse for doing it. I didn't like the way I looked but didn't want to do anything hard to fix it.

Then I saw this picture. I was never going to share it with anyone. But in the interest of posterity I have shared it with the entire world...

Do you see how I look 8 mos pregnant? I know it's a bad angle, and I'm kinda slouched, but really! Awful.


This is a picture I took tonight. I tried to match the clothing and pose although I couldn't get it quite right. I am so much more energetic, I never have heartburn, and I've lost 25 pounds. Can't complain.



What's my secret?

Dependence on God and self-control. I'm not going to tell you the specific diet plan I used (unless you really ask me nicely) because I think if you have hit your wall and you're really dedicated you can lose the weight. The first three weeks were awful. I didn't know what to cook and I was suffering from withdrawal from certain foods. But I don't think I'll ever go back.

Anyway I'll try to quit talking about this and move on to a new, more interesting topic.

Later!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Good job! I need to lose 25, too.

Oh, The Joys said...

Sarah, I can SO relate to this. I think you've already read it, but I wrote a long thing about my weight loss here. I totally agree about the first three weeks. UGH!

Susan said...

Congrats! I am completly jealous of your self-control, as I have NONE!

Amy said...

I am so proud of you, as I have told you over and over again. You look great and I marvel at your success! I think the best part is that you feel so good.