Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Poor Son

At Ladies' Bible Class today, during lunch, one of the caretakers came up and asked me if Denali was staying for lunch, as they couldn't find his food.

Oh, you mean the lunch box he brought wasn't immediately identifiable as his? Maybe because it is a pink heart lunchbox with three Disney princesses on it? Maybe that's why!

Oh, they thought that one was the girl's lunch. Well I just can't see why! Maybe cause it's pink!

That's right. I am too lazy to go buy my son a manly Spiderman or Bob the Builder lunchbox. We have TWO pink princess lunchboxes. Which means they are never both being used by Emlyn at the same time.

At what age do I NEED to buy him a manly lunchbox?

9 comments:

Angela O. said...

lunchbox? You are a nice mommy; Danielle gets paper sacks on the days she takes lunch.

Anonymous said...

Right NOW Sarah, Right NOW! Don't be that Mom.

Briana said...

LOL ... my daughter took her lunch to dance today in a ziploc bag.(She has a lunchbox, I swear! I just don't know where it is right now.)

Ruth Ann said...

Is it metal or plastic? If it is metal, you could give it a paint makeover in some boy color...another idea is to look at a thrift store...you might find a boy one inexpensively...

Linda said...

Pretty funny!

Nantie Meg said...

I say wait until he can recognize that he doesn't want princesses and asks for a super manly lunch box.

Joel said...

You don't have to buy him a lunchbox if you don't want to, but you can't send him with a girl one. It's paper bag or boy lunchbox.

Anonymous said...

Joel's right. A girly lunchbox? Might as well dress him in pinafores.

Will

Kar said...

a manly lunchbox is a sacred rite of passage. just kidding. we used paper bags a lot but i do remembe having lunchboxes when we were little. i think they're cute and half want one now.