Monday, August 06, 2007

Lunch Time!

I have been thinking about lunch-packing a lot recently. Joel has been short of leftovers to take now that we have two kids eating so much, and he usually gets CRAP to take with him. I feel bad about that. I don't want Emlyn to have the same problem, so I've recently subscribed to two blogs that are excellent for figuring out the age-old question: what to do about lunch.

The first one is:
http://lunchinabox.net/

The second one is:
http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com

They are both really excellent. If you look at the way the food is presented you can see how appetizing it looks. I want to eat it!

Therefore I went to the Dollar Tree and bought some things that I think will work as far as containers go, and this afternoon I made my first "bento" box. I'm not really sure what to call it, but it sure makes me want to eat it. Here are some pictures.

These two pieces screw together and have a lid. There's blueberries, cucumber, a couple flower ice cubes, apple chicken sausage, green bell pepper, and quesadilla.

2 comments:

Angela O. said...

cool! Thanks for the info. The lunch does look good.

BP said...

That's pretty!

Funny you should post this. I saw pictures in a parenting magazine with lunch ideas today.