Saturday, September 08, 2007

Birthday Season

In our family we have a lot of birthdays in September.

On the 12th Joel, my sister Grace, my mother-in-law Linda, and me have our birthday.

Yes. You read that right.

Grace and I, and Joel and Linda, all have the same birthday. Then a couple days later is Joel's brother-in-law's birthday. Not to mention a few more cousins and relatives scattered about the month.

I've grown up having the same birthday as my sister, so I'm pretty much used to it. But now that there's four of us, it's almost like another Christmas. Lots of money spending and having fun.

It's weird though, because this is what I think on my birthday:
"It's my birthday. That's awesome! I should get to sleep in and have cake all day and Joel should watch the kids and cook.
Oh. It's my husband's birthday. I should let him sleep in and give him cake all day and I should cook him a great meal."

Do you see the dilemma here?

I've been enjoying my birthday present from Joel- it's an iPod second generation. It's really fun. I'm also hosting a Pampered Chef show for my birthday so I can get some new pans, so if you need anything cooking-wise, let me know.

This year my brother, who is a senior in college, will be flying in for the week and hanging out with us. What? He's skipping class? Who told you?

We will go swimming and out to dinner. And generally have a good time. The only problem is whether Grace and Daniel and I can get our other sister Ruth to come and skip school as well, maybe just for a couple of days. Should we be a bad influence on the youngest sister? It's a 3.5 hour drive from her school to here. Grace lives here too. So I think she could do it.

Would I have done it when I was in college? Probably not. But I sure am excited to see my bro.

4 comments:

Chris said...

My sister and her husband have the same birthday, too. That is funny.

I think you should put some donuts on the table for the kids when they get up, and then both of you sleep in!

Angela O. said...

Hope you (all) have a great birthday! That does sound like a lot of fun.

Chris - good idea.

Alyson said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah! I have a card for you, but it's just getting in the mail today so it will be LATE! See you Friday! :)

Pryncss Briana said...

Happy Bday!