Thursday, September 13, 2007

My cup overflows

I had a lovely birthday full of family and fun and well-wishes.

We started the day by letting Emlyn's teacher know that she would not be in class "for personal reasons." Then we proceeded to wander around, having fun and spending money all day. We finally got back to town and went to a Japanese steakhouse for dinner, one of those where they cook the food right in front of you. They thought it was weird that there were 3 birthday celebrants at the table, but it was so cool- at the end they gave us each some cake and a set of nice chopsticks.

Overall it was so full of laughter and fun, it makes me want to do it all over again. If only every day could be like yesterday, where we spend exorbitant amounts of money, skip school, and leave the housework alone.

Of course the kitchen is starting to smell kinda funny, so I guess I need to clean. And I also need to start with packing for the women's retreat I'm going to tomorrow. Pray for Joel, as he will have the kids all to himself all weekend.

Pictures will someday be uploaded. Maybe.

7 comments:

Angela O. said...

What a great birthday! Happy BIRTHDAY!!! Have a great weekend on your retreat.

Mandi said...

So glad your special day was special, even if you did have to share it! Of course, it sounds like sharing it was half the fun!

BP said...

Glad you enjoyed your day! Hope the retreat is uplifting.

Pryncss Briana said...

Happy Bday to you all!

Oh, The Joys said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Kelley said...

Happy Birthday everybody. I'm still adjusting to sharing mine with Liam, but I keep telling myself He won't be able to forget mommy's birthday once he's old enough to remember things.

jennyonthespot said...

Happy Birthday... a little late... :)