Monday, October 01, 2007

My Sweet Husband

Yesterday was a very special day. Emlyn and I got to go to see "Sleeping Beauty" at the children's theatre all by ourselves, no guys allowed. Joel was sweet enough to watch Denali while we went.

It was a great time and I thought the performers did a fabulous job.

Later Joel asked me if I still wanted to go to Lindsey Kane's CD release concert. I've loved her music, especially the song "Satisfied" which was my theme song for an entire year. I thought I wouldn't be able to go because of the Sleeping Beauty play.

But Joel insisted. "She's your favorite artist! Of course you should go!!"

And I said "I don't want to go by myself!" I thought it would be too late to find someone to come with me. I even called Chinell and she was like "You are so silly!"

But Joel insisted. So I went. And had a great time. I am really impressed with her work. I am still not used to venues where you have to stand up the whole time, but I think that's the standard, rather than the exception. I found a piece of wall to lean against and that made me feel better.

I liked a lot of her songs, and I'll post about one tomorrow. Let's just say that it was a lovely evening and I really appreciate my husband.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Good Joel!