Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Recipe- Carrot Cake Yumminess

This carrot cake is more healthy than the one in my Betty Crocker cookbook, although Joel likes Betty's better.

Pineapple Carrot Cake

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice or pumpkin pie seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup baby food prunes (I usually substitute about 1/2 cup oil for this one)
1 cup honey or 1 1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
2 1/2 cup grated carrots
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2, with shortening; lightly flour.

Beat oil, sweetener, and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until blended. Add remaining ingredients except carrots, and pineapple. Beat on low speed 1 minute. Stir in carrots and pineapple. Pour into pan.

Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for about an hour.

I don't use frosting on the part I eat, but you are welcome to frost yours with cream cheese frosting.

3 comments:

ndossey said...

Okay I had to leave a comment. This recipie is amazing!! I personally like it frosted and look forward to it every time Sarah brings it to small group. It is super yummy.

Kristen said...

This looks so good, I've included it in the Blogged-nn weekend menu for the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.
Thanks again for sharing it with me!

Amy said...

Look Sarah! You're practically famous! Way to be. Way to be.
I love you too.
:)