Monday, December 24, 2007

A Christmas-Sea Feast

Joel's sister and brother-in-law are in town, and Joel's dad always lives here. My sister and her fiance live here too, so on Saturday night we had a Christmas-Sea Feast (get it? a pun!). My sister is going to CA today so we couldn't do it on Christmas but we had everyone over for yummy seafood and gift exchanges with my sister and her fiance.

I tell you what, that was the best food ever.

We had:
crab-stuffed avocado (delicious)
coconut shrimp (decadent)
asparagus (baked goodness)
sockeye salmon on goat cheese on crackers (tasty)
scallop soup (yummy)
and stuffed sweet potatos (really yummy but we were all too full to eat much of them)

I'll have to post these recipes here soon when I am not lazy, but let me tell you how much delicious it was. And it didn't feel heavy like sometimes when I eat a lot.

Grace and her fiance gave the kiddos lots of books and games (I told them no toys) and you know- it wasn't as fun as toys. But don't tell them I said so. :)

It was such a lovely evening filled with people we love. And the fun is still not over!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's right, "The fun's not over". We still have a bathrobe craft to finish and there are at least eight pairs of socks you have never seen me wear before. In fact, I would say the fun hasn't even started yet.

Angela O. said...

That sounds like a very yummy meal. Glad you had a good time with your family.

jennyonthespot said...

Yummy! Sure hope the rest of the fun was blessed and wonderful!