Monday, January 28, 2008

Denali Turns Three

We celebrated Denali's third birthday at our New Year's Eve party this year. It was a great time and many of our local friends were able to party with us.

Denali blew out his candles here. See the very lovely cake? I decorated it myself.


Then a whole bunch of kids sat quietly to eat their cake and ice cream. I tell you, it was SILENT.

Then later we gave them all noisemakers and it was so loud. It was hilarious to hear them all blowing them at once. I think Nicole was not too impressed with it though.

Denali is growing up more and more every day. He's just exactly as tall and weighs just as much as his sister did at this age. He's telling us with words what likes and doesn't like and he's telling jokes and stories. We are very impressed with our (still snuggly) big boy.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Ha! Glad to see I got a name mention on the blog. I have to say it was VERY loud.

T said...

That looks like a ton of fun. I would have liked to be present to hear the silence...it's almost unbelievable. :)

Hey, I tagged you for a meme for fun! Check out my blog and do it. :)

BP said...

I'm glad he had a fun party. The noisemakers looks like loud fun!

BP said...

Oh yeah in response to your comment-- Chel is in college. She is in her second year. She is working and going to school.

Amy said...

Tag! You're it!

H-Beast said...

Happy birthday to your little/big boy. I can't believe he's three. And we haven't aged a day...

Angela O. said...

Denali's a cutie! I love it when kids start to tell jokes.