Saturday, March 22, 2008

Candied Pecan Salad

This recipe was given to me by Beth. It's yummy and non-traditional as far as salads go. I'm taking salad to a potluck tonight, and I'm tired of making the same old salad (tomatos, carrots, cucumber, lettuce). So I'll be making this one, which I already know is yummy, and a beet salad, which I don't know if it's yummy but I have beets and I have to use them, right? Sorry in advance if it's yucky! Anyway here's the apple one.

Candied Pecans and Apple Salad
Serves 6
1 apple, sliced
1/2 cup pecans
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoon sugar
lettuce or mixed greens
sliced onion (optional)
toasted sesame seeds
1/4 cup vinegar
1/8 cup canola oil
shot of tabasco
3 tablespoons sugar
1/8 cup water
salt and pepper to taste

candy the pecans by combining the 1 T water, 2T sugar, and pecans. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, then microwave 30 seconds. Let them dry.

Make the dressing by combining the sesame seeds, vinegar, oil, tabasco, sugar, water, and salt and pepper.

Mix everything together and serve.

No comments: