Friday, March 07, 2008

Rodeo Day

This morning Emlyn had Rodeo Day at school. Evidently in this day and age a big part of a cowboy's job is digging for gold. Last year in PreK that was an activity, and this year it is too. Also riding on fake wooden horses. Now I have never been to a real rodeo (I'm a CA girl) but I do not think that those are parts of a real rodeo. But it's Kindergarten. What do you expect?

Emlyn was very excited to wear her cowgirl outfit that originally debuted on Halloween. It has lots of pink, if you recall.

Today there were slight modifications to the costume but overall it looked the same as in October.

5 comments:

Angela O. said...

how fun!

Lady Arden said...

Actually, you're not going to believe me, but wooden horses is an actual riding event at some horse shows. Told you you wouldn't believe me!

I'm from Oklahoma and grew up in the local 4-H horse club. Since there are age restrictions for riding in certain classes but little brothers/sisters and sometimes guests/friends all want to be involved, they used to provide your choice of stick horses and have a race for the little ones. The kids got ribbons and everything. It was sweet.

Ride 'em cowgirl!

littlebiggirl said...

And don't the most serious cowgirls wear lots of pink? At least, that's what I always thought. :)

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Amy said...

I'm sorry. Looks like one got through. I owe you a coke.