Friday, May 09, 2008

Don't Worry! I'm Still Alive

My parents had to go home yesterday after a great week of visiting. I will miss them.

Some of the highlights:
They took Denali to my aunt's for two days. There were a few hours in there when I was completely alone in my own house.

My dad did some awesome work on the house. Someday I will tell you our house is finished.

We played some board games and talked.

My dad got Denali to call him "Pops" instead of "Grandad."

It was such a lovely week. I hope we can visit with them again soon.

My house and car are pretty much a wreck right now, but hopefully that will be taken care of today. On the other hand another service project might come along. We'll see how it goes.

You see it's awfully hard for me to turn someone down when they need help when the only reason would be because my house is dirty. If my kids are cranky or there are other symptoms of over-busy I might listen, but just a dirty house? Not so much.

2 comments:

Pryncss Briana said...

I saw your car running down the road sans you, but then I spotted you with a young man in a convertible. Did you try to run away and your hubby and kids had to run you down and drag you home? Isn't that the real reason you haven't blogged in awhile? :) JK ... my hubby did like the verses you picked for your car though. Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Hee hee! That was probably my parents driving my car, and then I was in the convertible with my husband. I know he only looks 15, but he's a year older than me. I do sometimes want to run away :)