Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Lovely Anniversary; Home Cooking vs. Eating Out

First of all Joel and I celebrated our ninth anniversary tonight by having a lovely date. We ate at McCormick and Schmicks for dinner--yummy yummy! Then we went clothes shopping cause we're so cool that way.

I had a great time and ate a delicious dessert. Every year our marriage is better and I really do love Joel more each year.


-----

In other news the LA Times compared eating out to cooking at home. I've always told Joel it's cheaper to cook at home, but they actually did the math. Check it out here.

My favorite part of the article is when the author describes what he cooked. Albacore with shittake mushrooms? I guess it is similar to what one would order at a restaurant.

And he didn't use fast food. Of course fast food is cheaper.

Anyway take a look. It's an interesting, if short, read.

8 comments:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruth Ann said...

Happy Anniversary! I am so glad you had a good time. Thanks so much for inviting us camping--we had a great time.

Brandy Thixton said...

Happy Anniversary! Great page! Is that really a picture of your apron fabric? It's sooooo pretty. =)

BP said...

Happy Anniversary! I didn't remember our anniversary dates were so close!

Alyson said...

We went to McCormick and Schmick's for OUR anniversary too! Isn't it a nice place? Best wishes for many more happy years together!

H-Beast said...

Nine years! Wow! That's amazing. Congratulations and I'm glad you got to spend time together alone.

Angela O. said...

congrats on 9 yrs!! we hit that last march and looking forward to many more...

Bluecanary said...

Wow, that was 9 years ago. I still can't believe I've been out of college longer than I was in it, counting grad school.

Your family is wonderful, and I blessed to have you as friends.