Sunday, June 22, 2008

Driving Away Distraction

Since I've been back from the mission trip, things and life and stuff have been distracting me. My house is, not surprisingly, pretty messy. There are things I'm supposed to be doing on the computer and the phone that I'm behind on (making appointments, registrations for women's retreat, etc). I need to go grocery shopping.

Does any of this sound familiar to you?

Why is it so easy to let all this stuff pull our eyes off the goal? Because guess what- the ultimate goal is not to have a crossed off list of stuff.

Tomorrow (today?) my goal is, and I'm stating it here for accountability, that I will read the Bible to the kids and engage them in meaningful discussion. Everything else that gets accomplished will be icing on the cake. But the meat will be God.

Anyone else want to join me in this challenge?




Oh, and the reason I seem to harp on this topic is because I seem to be prone to distraction myself...

3 comments:

Alyson said...

I think that's a great challenge, and one that I can take on. :) The girls love to bring me their bible and ask to read about Jesus, but I find it's easier to go with a picture book since they can't seem to get as enthralled when it's just words on a page. Meaningful discussion? That might be interesting with a 2 year old and 4 year old...

Merryheart said...

I will try - even though I have no children at home - I will try to find a friend or my husband to engage in meaningful conversation, and to read my Bible today.

It should be easy - two of our household are gone to Bible camp this week, which leaves 3 of us.

I'm proud of you!

FULL OF JOY said...

I accept this challenge. I was actually sitting here thinking I haven't done much of that this week, then I ventured on your challenge.

Coincidence? I think not.