Monday, June 09, 2008

Laundry Mountain

Every Monday or Tuesday I conquer Laundry Mountain. I try to do laundry throughout the week, but I always make sure to catch up at the beginning of the week. This way Joel has lots of clean clothes for work and I can start the week fresh. Each week I do about 8-10 loads of laundry. That's a lot of laundry.

I really need to stop buying clothes. The problem is, as I was explaining to a friend today, is that I have never before had these three things in alignment: I can fit clothes in almost any store, I have at least some money to spend on clothes, and the styles are right up my alley.

It's bad for my budget and for my full closet. This weekend I went to the REI garage sale and got 10 items for $60, which is a great price for those of you who go to REI very often. Most items I got for about 90% off. That's a good thing.

Anyway, time to go do something with laundry.

3 comments:

Alyson said...

That's a LOT of laundry! Who is changing clothes all the time? I do laundry once a week (on Friday) and I do a towel load, light load, dark load, and possibly a load of sheets depending on if I feel like it. That's it! Of course, if I had cool front-loaders like you do and your neat-o folding table... I might be inclined to launder more than I do. :)

Sarah said...

It's usually multiple towels because we're not good at reusing towels, and Joel's clothes are always dirty after one wearing, and I have a boy.

Angela O. said...

Wow - that is an amazing deal at REI. I don't usually venture into that place b/c of the $$$