Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Story Time

Today I took my kids to church to facilitate story time.

We drove for 16 miles.

We were the only ones there.

So I faithfully read the story of creation and some other stories to my children. And sang a song.

Then we did a craft- making paper flowers.

Then we had a snack.

I worked on making the library more beautiful (the job never seems to end).

Then we came home 16 miles.



Yes, it was a little frustrating that we drove all that way. But I guarantee that if we had been at home there would not have been nearly as much family bonding time. So that's good.

3 comments:

BP said...

That is a positive way to look at the situation. Sorry no one else showed up for the fun though.

Angela O. said...

oh that stinks. That happens with my women's circle sometimes at church and it is so frustrating. You prepare a lesson and snacks and only a few show up. I figure that there is a reason God had me prepare that lesson anyway and try not to get upset. Hopefully next time you will be overcrowded.

Alyson said...

What a bummer! If I lived close to church, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to take the kids to ANYTHING going on up there during the summer! Those other parents and kids don't know what they are missing. :(