Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Stroll to the Sandwich Store

This evening Joel was working late and I was bored and not particularly enthusiastic about cooking. I decided to walk with the kids to a sandwich store near us. It's about a 20 minute walk when you go at the pace of a three year old.

Surprisingly it was not too hot; at the time we were walking a cooler front was blowing so it was only 85 or so instead of the 95 I was afraid of. So we wandered over to the restaurant, I got a free sandwich with my frequent buyer card, and then we wandered to the by-the-ounce frozen yogurt place. Then we wandered back home, and then it was bed time.

It was a lovely way to kill two hours, and the kids and I had a lot of fun. And it all cost under $10.

4 comments:

Alyson said...

See, that's what you can do when you live in an area that has a higher walkabilitly score or whatever! If they ever put a sidewalk in that will connect our neighborhood down further 29 closer to town I MIGHT consider walking to downtown one of these days... but it would be fall, and much less than 85 degrees. :)

H-Beast said...

Oh, I love the by-the-ounce yogurt places. I always go a little crazy with the toppings though. :)

It sounds like you had a very nice evening with your kids.

Kim P. said...

We went to the yogurt place a month or so ago....super fun! Of course all the choices really show your true colors when making decisions. Joe, the impulsive one, was done in about one minute. Let's just say it took me a little bit longer =)

Angela O. said...

I didn't know there was a yogurt place so close. Will have to check it out.