Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Colossians Encouragement

This morning I woke up not ready for the day. I didn't want to get dressed, I didn't want to get out of bed, and I really didn't want to sit down and read the Bible.

But I sat down to read and decided to read Colossians. What I found there was so encouraging, so refreshing, and so close to what I needed to hear that I decided to share it with you.

I thought I would be reading a sermon. Most of the epistles have ideas of what you need to be doing better. I usually skip over the salutations at the beginning but today I read them.

Here's what I found:

We have heard of your faith in Jesus Christ.
We have heard of your love for the saints.
We have heard of your hope for heaven stored up in you.
We have heard that the word of truth, the gospel, has come to you.

Can you hear the love surrounding those statements? Can you hear Him speaking to your heart?

We are praying for you.
We are asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through spiritual wisdom and understanding.

Did you know that Jesus intercedes for us? He is praying for me!! I need to know His will for my life.

So you may live a life worthy of the Lord,
So that you may please Him in every way,
So that you will bear fruit in every good work,
Growing in the knowledge of God,
Being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you might have great endurance and patience,

Did you hear that? Everyone knows I need more endurance and patience.

Joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light,
Rescued you from the dominion of darkness,
Brought you into His kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.


Hallelujah!

...

No comments: