Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lessons from the Retreat

The most important lesson I learned at this retreat was that you can never read your Bible too much. Consider taking some time that you are spending on reading other books, watching TV, or cleaning house, and read your Bible more. The Psalms are a good place to start; they're full of praise for God. Ecclesiastes is my favorite when I'm depressed. Or some of the prophets.

If I'm in the mood for a great story, I love to read the gospels or some of Genesis or Kings. There are excellent narratives to be found.



I am trying to put these things in my head because if I am not well-grounded in the Word, I will be less able to tell what's right and wrong.

I also learned some things from my roommates that were just fun. For instance, even I can wear pink nail polish.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

...and you wore it well my friend. No pink toenail pictures? :(

Angela O. said...

very true.