Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Wallpaper Stripping; Half Price Books

Most of my afternoon was concerned with stripping wallpaper. Let me just say that though it went relatively well, I am so glad that there is only one wall in my house that had wallpaper. I never want to do it again.

Thankfully it only took one afternoon, so I am still on track for the project. Tomorrow I will prime that wall and clean out the office in anticipation of the work to be done in here.

I went to Half Price Books tonight and scored big!!!

I didn't get what I was supposedly looking for (sorry Alyson) but I was able to find 6 crisp Chronicles of Narnia, which leave me with only two to buy. I am outfitting each of my kids with older editions of them because for the last twenty years or so the publishers have numbered them "chronologically" according to the timeline of Narnia, instead of the order in which they were published. So I was super excited to find those. They were in excellent condition too. Joel says our kids won't even read books; just the computer, but I refuse to believe that.

I also found some books for my church's children's library.

All in all it was a very productive day. Too bad I had to have caffeinated tea to make it through. I will most likely be up till 3 now.

2 comments:

Angela O. said...

I cannot get into ready books on a computer. There is something about curling up under a blanket on a cold day with a cup of cocoa in own hand and a good book in the other. Congrats on your find.

Bluecanary said...

Whatever Joel.