Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Doing my Civic Duty

Today I had the honor of driving a very sweet lady to the polls. She's not someone who drives normally, and her polling location was just quite a ways away from her house. So I went to her home, picked up her and her children, and drove. It was such an honor. The children were angels, asking so many complicated and mature questions about elections and about our duties as citizens of these great United States. They eagerly waited in line with her and were so proud to get their "I Voted" sticker.

This woman's story is heartwarming. She only thinks of her family first, always making her home a better place to be, homeschooling her little angels, and wearing beautiful aprons that only reflect the beauty that is inside her.

I was a little concerned about her mental acuity when she mumbled something about choosing Gore, but maybe she was just a little confused about which year it is.

At any rate we journeyed over to Chick Fil A afterwards to get our free peppermint chocolate milkshakes and pay a lot of money for lunch. All of our little angel children went to play on the playscape strangely populated with very tall children while we discussed life, religion, and politics.

It was such a lovely day and so nice to know that I can go to sleep tonight knowing that I did my duty as an American citizen.

3 comments:

BP said...

I liked reading your tale!

How did you get a free milkshake??

Pryncss Briana said...

Lol ... you made me think it was a little old lady, until I got to the apron part and knew it was Amy. :) You two are so funny. :)

Alyson said...

Me too!