Thursday, November 06, 2008

Emlyn as Heidi

Emlyn (Heidi) and Mrs. B, the librarian.
Emlyn's school had a contest today where kids were to dress as a storybook character. This morning we threw together a Heidi costume with a vintage dress that Grace and Ruth once wore, braids in her hair, and I made an apron from some scrap fabric.

And she won the first grade level! She and I were so excited. Maybe overly so, but she just looked so cute. And there was a bonus- she won three hardback picture books that are just so sweet. I think she makes an excellent Heidi.

The picture books she won are: "If Big Can, I Can," "Cuddle," and "That's When I'm Happy." They have very sweet pictures and stories.

1 comment:

BP said...

Congrats! That is a great contest to have. How neat that she was the winner.