Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing 2

This is the first in a series of posts I will be doing as part of my professional development I am undertaking this summer.

As I think about life-long learning I find that one of the easiest things for me to do is taking responsibility for my own learning. I often jump into new projects doing things that I have never done before. I also tend to choose my own learning topics, although sometimes people give me learning assignments too.

One of the hardest things for me when starting new learning or being a lifelong learner is to set goals. I find that sometimes I jump into things without a long term goal in mind, or without asking myself if I really want to start an entirely new line of thinking. For instance I may decide I want to get into scrapbooking without thinking too much about how much money is reasonable to spend on it and if I have the time to scrapbook as much as I want to.

No comments: