Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing 7

Today I explored Google applications. I'm very familiar with Google docs, where you can create a document and access it on any computer that has internet access. I have my address book here, so that anywhere I am I have my contacts.

You can also share it with people, like I did on this one.

I forsee this being helpful to share lesson plans with parents who want to know what is going on in the classroom, or recording data gathered in class for students to access at home.

I had never used Google scholar before, but evidently it's a way to search research papers and scientific evidence. A great way to find only reputable sources. I did a search for sunflowers and it looked pretty handy.

I had also never seen Google labs. Lots of current experiments in science using technology. Good times could be had by a high school science class.

No comments: