Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hola!

This week Linda came home from the hospital. She's in her apartment, recuperating from surgery.

This week the kids finished their summer's swim lessons. They did a great job although for some reason they still swim terribly for me. It's probably my fault.

This week it did NOT rain even though the weather seemed promising. We need the rain desperately.

This week I am planning a camping trip to the beach. I've been in TX since 1997 and never been to the coast. I hear camping on the beach is a blast. Except for all the sand.

This week I got a small tummy bug but I think I'm mostly over it. I managed to eat some food today and clean most of my house.

This week I did not get much professional development completed, but hope to in the next week.

This week I got to go to a baby shower for a good friend who is expecting her first baby. We enjoyed laughing and chatting; the two hours went by very quickly.

This week is my only brother's birthday. Daniel is 23 this year. His quilt is not quite finished. I'm hoping to take it to him when we go to CA in a couple weeks.

This week I am thankful for my wonderful husband and kids who were supremely understanding while I was sick. I am also thankful for my normal good health.

This week I was reminded that God is in control and that His promises endure, even past death.

What things did you learn this week?

4 comments:

littlebiggirl said...

Man, being sick is awful! I am glad you are feeling better. Have fun camping. :)

Hill

Pryncss Briana said...

This week, I missed my third born more than I thought, and won't get her back until Friday.

This week I realize that I am pregnant, and really need to act like it. Not eating at regular intervals and trying to clean like a madwoman while the baby is with grandma is not healthy and I end up wiped out just when my poor hubby is getting home.

This week I realize that being a good friend is hard work but ultimately rewarding! :)

Pryncss Briana said...

I am glad your MIL is back in her own home. That is where we feel best for recovery and all. :) Also, my oldest has been in swim lessons for three summers running and still hates to swim on her own when it's just us. =P

Emily said...

Hope you have a fabulous time on the beach! My first impression of the Texas coast was, "People actually surf in this?" :D It's not as "majestic" as the Pacific Coast. But it is a lot warmer! :)