Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Thing 11

Library Thing is a way to catalog your home collection of books and discuss them with others. There are lots of features including many ways to search for books and sort them, and tags you can add. I was impressed with how quickly I could add books.

The interesting thing to me is that Joel started a website a long time ago that had a similar idea, but it didn't get off the ground. Just reminds me that there's nothing new under the sun. Maybe some day my husband will be the owner of a great website like this one.

Here is my catalog; I plan to add more sometime.

I don't know if I would use this in a classroom but it would certainly be nice, especially if I could use Joel's phone to just scan the barcodes of my books and enter them that way. Very fast and quick.

It would be neat to compare my library with some other users and see if I could find some people with similar interests. I think that would be a good way to find new books to read.

1 comment:

Pryncss Briana said...

I like this site, it's fun to see what others are reading and share what's interested you.