Saturday, September 19, 2009

Teaching Children about their bodies; from a Christian perspective

As a Christian mom, it is very important to me that my kids learn about the birds and the bees in an age appropriate way and in God's terms and God's planning, rather than the world's planning. I have found two series of books on Christian sex education. One of them I highly recommend and the other not so much.

I've reviewed the first two books in each series on my book review blog. I recommend going over there to take a look.

The first book is for ages 3 to 5. There are two for this age group:
Each One Specially
God Made Your Body

The second book is for ages 6 to 9. There are two:
I Wonder Why
How God Makes Babies

At what age do you plan to, or did you start teaching your children about God's will for their bodies? Was it difficult for you?

Don't forget my book giveaway- it ends Tuesday, Sept 21. Click here to enter to win a missionary memoir.

2 comments:

mdf356 said...

Michelle's experience with her two youngest brothers and her niece is that they have questions about babies long before they're biologically ready. (Actually, they have roughtly the same question several times in their life, but the kind of answer they are looking for changes as they age).

So we're still waiting for our kids to have any questions.

bp said...

Good job on the reviews, I'm glad you're doing them!