Sunday, November 29, 2009

Esther and 2 Timothy

This week I am teaching the book of Esther to ladies class here in Austin. I am using the same lesson I used at the women's retreat I went to earlier this year. It seemed to go over really well. Esther has two main points- one is that God WILL save his people. He might use a really small and insignificant person, but he will save.

The second point is that God may be trying to use you in your life. Be ready for such a time as this.

If you have a chance this week read through Esther. It's just 9 chapters and it is a very quick read. Be looking for the ways that God works amazingly.

In the Spring I will be teaching 2 Timothy in a couple of venues. I plan to have it memorized by April. It's just four chapters so you would think that I could get it done by then. 2 Timothy has an amazing tribute from Paul to his adopted son Timothy. They were not biologically related but Paul loved Timothy. Paul encourages Timothy in many ways and reminds all of us to be careful to read the Word and to not be distracted by things that our earthly bodies really like.

Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

Treehouse-Dweller said...

Sounds awesome! I love both of those books. The young adult ministry of my church did a study of 2 Tim in January. What impressed (and convicted) me most about it was Paul's repeated exhortations to Timothy to be willing to suffer for the Gospel. How often do I do that??