Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry christmas!

My brain is too fried to post anything original today, but I wanted to share some writings I think are great.

First we have Amy, who wrote about marriage. It IS hard, and I applaud her for being honest.

Here's her post.

Then I wanted to share something funny- it's from "Stuff White People Like," a satire site.

This one is about camping, and enough of it is true to make it pretty funny.

The next one is a post by my friend Emily. I have recently realized that the "thinking" or "processing" I do about things is actually worrying sometimes. Mulling something over and rehashing events in my head that I cannot change is worry, and I would prefer to stop doing it.

Lastly I wanted to share a link to making an awesome snowflake. I like to make 2-D snowflakes but had never thought about 3-D. We will be doing this next week.

I am so glad Christmas break will be here in 2.5 hours. This fall has been a bear of a school semester for my daughter and we desperately need the break. Have a happy Christmas!

1 comment:

Treehouse-Dweller said...

Merry Christmas! After being at my new job 2 weeks, we are now off for 2 (I work at a school). Just when I was starting to get into the swing of things! ;)

I discovered "Stuff White People Like" a couple years ago, and was almost offended...until I figured out that the author is a white guy. It's so true though!

I can't wait to explore all the links you posted!