Friday, April 15, 2011

Japan Relief

So my dad went to Japan to help with the relief effort. He will be there for 6 weeks and he is driving vanloads of stuff to affected areas. I am so proud of him and breathlessly following the blog posts and updates of his trip.

Today I received a newsletter from the group he's working with that made me cry. They shared pictures of where my dad has been helping, and seeing him in the pictures almost made me cry out of compassion and pride. Then they shared a firsthand video of the tsunami hitting that did make me cry. It was very intense.

I highly recommend that you follow these links. They have touched me in a way I didn't expect.

First, an unreal video.

Then a slideshow of pictures.



Then a link to my dad's blog.

Off to eat my mundane lunch in my calm rich protected life.

No comments: