Monday, August 13, 2012

Quilt Raffle to Benefit Amy P

My dear friend Amy Peterson is in a fight for her health. She is raising money to have a stem cell replacement therapy done to hopefully cure Multiple Sclerosis. You can read all about her journey and the details on her blog, Amy Goes Ninja.


I am raffling off many items over the next few weeks to help her reach her fundraising goal, and the first thing I will raffle off is a quilt made by myself. It's about the size of a twin bed quilt.

Each $5 donated towards the raffle will buy you one raffle ticket.

Each "share" on Facebook or blog post about the raffle will buy you one raffle ticket.

The raffle ends Saturday, August 19.

You can buy raffle tickets through Paypal by clicking this button or by sending/giving me money. This is not a tax-deductible donation, but all of the money collected will be donated to the non-profit organization that is managing her ninja fund.


Let's work together to get her goal raised, and one of you lucky people will get a lovely quilt out of the bargain!






2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your post has given me a great idea for my blog -- to feature a "need" each week and provide people an opportunity to help. Your quilt for Amy will definitely be the first such feature. I can't wait to do this. Thank you! :)

Tammy said...

You are an angel for making this quilt to benefit Amy!
I'm here by way of her FB page -- and realized that this quilt is the answer I've been waiting for to make a memorial quilt from my dad's work shirts. (I've been saving them for a year - afraid to cut into them because I'm scared of taking on piecing a quilt!) If you would share... how wide do you cut the strips? It's looks like 2 or 3 inches.
Any other tips for me to duplicate this?

Thanks so much for the inspiration!